How the program works
People throw away a lot of things when they move, including perfectly good food. When 40 million Americans are facing hunger, there's no reason that any food should go to waste. Fortunately, there's a way for you to make a difference during every move! Let's work together to rescue that unopened, non-perishable food from your customers and deliver it to your neighbors in need.
Commitment to the cause
As Move For Hunger continues to grow, it is important that we have companies working with us who are truly committed to our mission of helping feed the hungry. Each moving company is asked to make a one-time $300* donation to join the cause.
Your support will help us reach our goal to feed 3 million people in 2020.
every mover receives
- Program Letters – co-branded marketing flyer with a local hunger stat
- Listing on our Find A Mover Page - thousands of searches for socially responsible movers on our website
- Unlimited Box Labels - to designate which boxes are for donations
- Use of Move For Hunger’s logo - add it to your website and marketing materials
- One complimentary truck decal - more are available for purchase
Have more than one branch? We offer discounted enrollment for signing up with multiple locations!
*The $300 is a non-refundable, tax-deductible donation that will help Move For Hunger continue our hunger relief efforts.
Each moving company commits to collect at least 300 pounds of food each year. Any year that company does not meet the goal are asked to make a $100 donation in order to remain an active member of the Move For Hunger network.