A Donor Advised Fund (DAF) is a centralized philanthropic giving vehicle that provides individuals, families, and corporations with immediate tax benefits and the flexibility to support charities like Move For Hunger.
How Does It Work?
- Establish your DAF by making an irrevocable, tax-deductible donation to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program.
- Advise the investment allocation of the donated assets (any investment growth is tax-free).
- Recommend grants to qualified public charities of your choice.
If you have an existing Donor Advised Fund with Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, or BNY Mellon charitable you can recommend a gift to Move For Hunger by using DAF Direct.
5 Reasons to Establish a Donor advised Fund
- Simplicity: The DAF sponsor handles all recordkeeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
- Flexibility: Timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision making.
- Tax efficiency: Contributions are tax-deductible, and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free.
- Family legacy: A DAF is a powerful way to build or continue a tradition of family philanthropy.
- No transaction fees: Once approved, 100% of your recommended grant goes to Move For Hunger.
If you are unsure how to make a gift to Move For Hunger through your DAF, please contact Alex Sales at (732) 774-0521 or [email protected]. If you’d like to learn more about setting up a DAF, please check with your financial advisor.